Newbie Surf Program
Our intergenerational newbie and newcomer program is for folks who are new to the BGS community and new to surfing!
We recommend This program as our pre-requisite to our other program offerings. On Wednesdays in the Spring and Fall, connect with the ocean and surf.
Our Alameda Beginner Intergenerational surf sessions are programs for adults and youth ages 9 and up who are new to surfing and to the Brown Girl Surf community. We introduce you gently to all elements of surfing – from wetsuits, to board safety, to learning how to practice comfort and safety in the ocean, all in a supportive girl* & women* -centered environment. All equipment is provided.
We provide what you need to get started
Surf Board Leash
Support in the Ocean
We meet at Alameda Beach.
Upon registration for our program, you will receive an email with details on where to meet and what time.
What to Expect
- Up to 10 person intergenerational surf program
- Connecting with BGS community
- Joy and ocean connection
- Building confidence in the ocean
- Learning the basics of surf related gear
- Focus on your unique surfing goal for the day
- Ocean observation and surf safety
- Learning about and practicing new surf techniques
- Mindfulness + healing space
A note about the unpredictability of the ocean:
At Brown Girl Surf we always put safety first. Our surf programs are subject to change due to weather and air quality. While we use all the means at our disposal to predict conditions ahead of time, sometimes conditions on site the day of an event do not align with the forecast.